none
So what if someone does a truncate on a table? RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing my sync framework code and when someone issues a truncate command, the sync framework things that those rows are still there and does not synchronize the changes.

I am OK with truncate not being supported.... but my question is what can I do if someone does it in the environment.

Is there I can detect that a truncate was performed and then re-provision the database? or is there a better solution that re-provisioning?

Monday, March 21, 2011 6:45 AM

Answers

• if you are able to check if the table has been truncated, you can update the tracking table directly similar to the way the delete trigger works.

something like this:

update mytable_tracking set sync_row_is_tombstone =1, local_update_peer_key=0, restore_timestamp= null, update_scope_local_id=null, last_change_datetime=getdate()

• Marked as answer by MSDN Student Monday, March 21, 2011 5:15 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 7:48 AM

All replies

• truncate dont fire triggers so the tracking table doesnt get updated.

do you want to cascade the truncate to other sync partners?

Monday, March 21, 2011 7:33 AM
  • yes. I have to keep the tables in sync right? so if the rows are deleted I must sync those changes as well.

Monday, March 21, 2011 7:36 AM
  • if you are able to check if the table has been truncated, you can update the tracking table directly similar to the way the delete trigger works.

something like this:

update mytable_tracking set sync_row_is_tombstone =1, local_update_peer_key=0, restore_timestamp= null, update_scope_local_id=null, last_change_datetime=getdate()

• Marked as answer by MSDN Student Monday, March 21, 2011 5:15 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 7:48 AM