User Profiles RRS feed

• Question

• I have just downloaded Windows Steady State and I see the user profiles on the right of the screen.  But, what is the user profile SUPPORT_fddfa904 does that come with the program or could it have bee planted.  It's also password protected so I can't remove or edit it.  Some one pease tell me it's part of the system...

Monday, August 11, 2008 8:42 AM

Answers

• You are right, that account is a system account. As far as I know this profile is used for remote support. The name allways begins with SUPPORT_ followed by a random hex-nummber.

You can verify it by Clicking on Start -> run -> cmd [Enter]
    In the Command Line Window type

net user SUPPORT_fddfa904

press Enter and look on the groups - there should be something like Remote Support (don't know, which name it's exact, because I'm using a German XP installation here).
    Monday, August 11, 2008 11:52 AM

All replies

• You are right, that account is a system account. As far as I know this profile is used for remote support. The name allways begins with SUPPORT_ followed by a random hex-nummber.

You can verify it by Clicking on Start -> run -> cmd [Enter]
    In the Command Line Window type

net user SUPPORT_fddfa904

press Enter and look on the groups - there should be something like Remote Support (don't know, which name it's exact, because I'm using a German XP installation here).
    Monday, August 11, 2008 11:52 AM
  • Hey thanks for that Kleidersack I'll check that out...Cheers mate!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:09 AM
  • I checked it and it turned out to be a Compaq Support Account so now I can relax as it's not nasty.  Recently had a problem with a bug or virus, affecting Windows Update disableling it and it was like a back door had been opend, flooding in Trojans and Popups.  The Tech from Quick Heal worked on it by remote for three days for Free (even better) in order to fix the problem.  I then installed Steady State and when that account came up without allowing me to change it, alarm bells started ringing.  Thanks Again  

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:22 AM