Microsoft Office Validation RRS feed

• Question

• My Office software passed all the validation procedures in the software diagnostics.  The computer I am using, I have been using for about three years, regularly updating at every prompting or very soon thereafter.  Just this spring (not sure of the exact date but immediately following one of the critical updates I was informed that my copy of Windows XP had an invalid license key.  Of course, I could purchase a new copy of Windows but what's up with that when I've been using the same software platform for (at that time) more than two years.  This computer was purchased second hand and came with the software already loaded.  I very highly doubt that I could even locate the seller.  The computer was purchased in good faith and if there is/was any hanky-panky involved it is in no way any of my personal doing.  After offering this explanation to Microsoft personell and supplying the existing license key (I have a copy of the letter - unfortunately undated, that I sent at that time) for Windows XP.  You supplied me with a new license key and everything has been honky-donkey since that time.  I installed the new licence key and away we went.....NOW CHAPTER #2...same deal only with WORD -actually the only Office product that I presently use.  I cannot buy a new version of Word, and am not interested in updating to a newer software version.  Microsoft supplied me with a new key for  the Windows platform,  I know you can do the same for Office.  Please handle this request as soon as possible.  I have been trying to access this site off and on since the first notice but have been having difficulty opening IE on my computer.  This time, I fought with the machine and opened IE before I clicked the "LEARN MORE" button and was thereby able to connect and process this request.  I have 4 days remaining on the warning.
    • Moved by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:51 PM Office issue (From:Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows XP))
    Monday, October 26, 2009 10:15 PM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:34 AM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:34 AM
  • No reply from original poster.

Question assumed to be answered.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:23 PM