Next OCS releases RRS feed

• Question

• In the document "Directions on Microsoft Research - Unified Communications" there is something mentioned about a roadmap regarding OCS.

- Communications Server 2007 SP1 will probabbly ship in the second half of 2008. SP 1 will be the first version of the product to ship after the arrival of Windows Server 2008 and so SP1 migth deliver compatability fixes for running on that OS.

- Communications Server and Communicatir "14". New versions of Communicator and Communications Server are likely in conjunction with  Office 14. The new Communicator Client will probably incorporate Web Conferencing functionalities of the seperate Live Meeting client.

My question about the current and the SP1 release is: will 64 bit and VMWARE/Virtual Server officially be supported?

About the "14" release: will there be a possibiliy to join a Beta program for this one?

/Thomas

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

I had a meeting with a product manager over at MS regarding the next version of OCS and/or SP1 and they are being very hush-hush about it. They wouldn't really even tell me much yet and what was told to me was explained as not for public.

Also, the beta program for '14' is reserved specifically for companies that participated in and excelled in the RDP/TAP program for the initial launch of OCS 2007.

So, no news right now, I would look to late this year for more official info.

Thom

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:36 AM
  • Hi Thom,

Thanks for trying to get more information. To be honoust I don't understand why MS has to be so secretively about SP1. This is not a major release, right?

One of the reason I'm curious about this is because we get those question from our current OCS customers. I'll guess I have to involve our local MS contacts in this case.

Cheers,

Thomas
    Monday, April 21, 2008 6:11 PM