Problem with _tracking table RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have one table 'order_details' which includes in two scopes (scope1 - with filter on column orderid & scope2 - with filter on column product). The server syncronizes scope1 with client1 and the scope2 with client2.

I provisioned the scope1 with no problem. But trying to provision the scope2 but getting into trouble. It says _tracking table already exists if SetCreateDefaultTracking is Skip. It says invalid column 'product' when I set the SetCreateDefaultTracking to Create (I understand that it will throw this error as _tracking table that already exists does not contain the column 'product').

Is it possible to have single table included in two different scopes with two different filtercolumns?

If yes, How can I add the product column in _tracking table and provision the scope2?

-Ajinath

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Ajinath,

You CAN have a single table included in two different scopes with the SAME filter column (with different clauses).  However the provisioning API does NOT support provisioning a new filter column on an existing provisioned table, so you cannot have a different filter column for each scope on the same table.  This will be supported in the next release.

In the mean time you might be able to hack it up yourself if you skip the tracking table creation on the second scope but keep the filter column set and set the create additional enumeration procedures flag.  Then after finishing the Apply (assuming it actually worked) manually create the filter column on the tracking table and populate it.

-Jesse

• Proposed as answer by Jesse L - MSFT Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:08 AM
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:08 AM
  • Jesse L thanks for the clarification and the workaround.

If I understand it correctly, do you mean to create the extra column before the Apply, because if I try to Apply the second scope with the skip of tracking tables, set the crate additional procedures falg to create and keep the Filter column, it throws an error saying as 'Invalid column name 'product''. The errors seems correct as [side] is the alias fort the _tracking table and the FilterClause uses the [side] alias for the Filtered columns, at the time of Apply framework looks for the column product in the [side] i.e. _tracking table which is not there.

If anything is wrong, please correct me.

-Ajinath

Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:52 AM
  • It worked. I created product column manually before provisioning the second scope and it worked.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:02 AM