Some users do not get rights assigned even though they have the proper role RRS feed

• Question

• I have users that have the base role with read access to the account entity however when they try to access any account they get an access denied error message. The same role aplied to another user grants the proper rights. In our setup we grant every user the base role and then add the user to the team with the access they would need. This team has a team security role associated with it. For these users that do not seem to get the proper rights assigned when we add the team security role to their user security roles the the rights populate properly. Has anyone else come across this issue in CRM 2011 RU 17?

Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:03 PM

Answers

• I think the User Role previliges can't be less than Team Role previliges.

Example, If you want to give Read Access to User then User Role will have Read access and Team Role will also have Account Read access.

There should be a base UserRole with minimum privelges present for each user

Regards, Saad

• Edited by Mohd Saad Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by JenniferNHS Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:37 PM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:22 AM

All replies

• hi,

are those users in different business units?.

regards

Jithesh

Friday, November 7, 2014 4:37 AM
  • Also If you are getting any error log please post it here or run a trace and post log here.

Regards, Saad

Friday, November 7, 2014 4:58 AM
  • we only have 1 business unit
    Monday, November 10, 2014 10:34 PM
  • I have not had a chance to do a trace with the users yet. The fix is to add the security role that their team has to the individual user. However this does not affect all users within any one team and crosses different teams. The only error the user gets is that they do not have permissions to access the object. There is no error log created.

Monday, November 10, 2014 10:35 PM
  • I think the User Role previliges can't be less than Team Role previliges.

Example, If you want to give Read Access to User then User Role will have Read access and Team Role will also have Account Read access.

There should be a base UserRole with minimum privelges present for each user

Regards, Saad

• Edited by Mohd Saad Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by JenniferNHS Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:37 PM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:22 AM
  • Do you know if this changed in RU17. Prior to RU17 we used this method where all users were given a base role and then their team role enhanced those privledges with no issue. Currently pre-existing users are fine only new users we create have this issue where their team permissions are not inherited.
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 2:32 PM