Character Count on SMS would be nice in WM6.1. RRS feed

• Question

• As stated a character count when using SMS would be nice. I'm sure the cell phone companies love when you send messages over 160 characters because they are broken up into 2+ messages, but it's annoying having the person on the other end having to piece together the whole message.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:28 PM

Answers

• On my WM 6.1 device the count is located in the top bar where the start button usually is when i'm replying and when I create a new sms it's located at the bottom.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:18 AM

All replies

•  Activitie wrote:
    As stated a character count when using SMS would be nice. I'm sure the cell phone companies love when you send messages over 160 characters because they are broken up into 2+ messages, but it's annoying having the person on the other end having to piece together the whole message.

When using WM6.1 device to send SMS, there is character count at the bottom '0/160'. Do you see that when replying/creating new SMS?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:47 AM
  • When I send a new message, yes I see it. But when I am replying in the threaded sms window, it is not there.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 7:01 AM
  •  

True, I tried ... also didnt see the characters count..

Maybe developers might want to take into consideration.. It will be helpful for users like us

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:05 AM
  • On my WM 6.1 device the count is located in the top bar where the start button usually is when i'm replying and when I create a new sms it's located at the bottom.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:18 AM
  • Ahhhhhh, thank you. I didn't realize they switched it up on me. Wink
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:54 PM
  •  

Yeah you would think it would be one way or the other.  Having it at the top is good because it's bigger and easier to read but there should be some consitenecy between new and replied messages but it could be worse, they could've taken it out all together Tongue Tied
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:06 PM
  • Yes, consistency is good. Frankly, now that I know about it, I prefer it. They should use that for new messages as well. It leaves more usable screen real estate.

Thanks again.
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:20 AM