Gameguard error RRS feed

• Question

• I use Nexon Plug, which lets me play any Nexon games, but the 0xC004D401 error kept coming up.  So I went to control panel to remove Nexon but now I can't have an access to the Control Panel.  I tried getting rid of the Nexon folders in My Computer, but it won't let me. What should I do???
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:59 PM

Answers

• You should be able to reboot and then get to Control Panel.  I'm not positive this will get you there if you can't get to Control Panel, but you can type "appwiz.cpl" into the search field in the Start menu and hit enter.    Would you let me know if that works?  I don't currently have a machine in your state to try this out with. 

The other option, if that doesn't work, is to boot into Safe Mode and uninstall it there.  Here are the steps to do that:

a. Restart the computer.
    b. Press F8 before Windows Vista starts.
    c. Press ENTER to start Windows Vista in safe mode.
    d. Click Start , and then type appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box.
    e. Click appwiz.cpl in the Programs list.
    f. Click the name of the program that you want to uninstall, and then click Uninstall.
    g. Follow the directions on screen to uninstall the program.
    h. Restart the computer in normal mode.

Thanks!

Friday, April 13, 2007 12:15 AM

All replies

• You should be able to reboot and then get to Control Panel.  I'm not positive this will get you there if you can't get to Control Panel, but you can type "appwiz.cpl" into the search field in the Start menu and hit enter.    Would you let me know if that works?  I don't currently have a machine in your state to try this out with. 

The other option, if that doesn't work, is to boot into Safe Mode and uninstall it there.  Here are the steps to do that:

a. Restart the computer.
    b. Press F8 before Windows Vista starts.
    c. Press ENTER to start Windows Vista in safe mode.
    d. Click Start , and then type appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box.
    e. Click appwiz.cpl in the Programs list.
    f. Click the name of the program that you want to uninstall, and then click Uninstall.
    g. Follow the directions on screen to uninstall the program.
    h. Restart the computer in normal mode.

Thanks!

Friday, April 13, 2007 12:15 AM
  • thanks!  When I turned off my computer and restarted it, i had access to the control panel.

but it's still not uninstalling for some reason... and the game is in korean and i haven't installed a korean language pack yet so all the words come out broken...

hopefully, i can figure it out from here.

Friday, April 13, 2007 7:10 PM