Issues with ODP.NET - ORACLE Data Provider for .NET and Oracle 11g RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Windows application which uses .NET based web service to access data from oracle database. It was working fine with oracle client 10g, but the moment I installed Oracle 11g client and deployed the webservice on the server I started getting error "Connection is already part of a local or a distributed transaction". I have not made any code changes. It is just I have built the application using a different oracle client version.

Do we need to make any changes to support 11g.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Samanyu

• Moved by nobugz Tuesday, June 2, 2009 8:31 PM (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Monday, June 1, 2009 1:33 PM

All replies

• ODP is not part of .Net. Go go Oracle.com's .Net programming forums instead.
    MSMVP VC++
    Monday, June 1, 2009 3:56 PM
  • Hello,

Just to make it easy for you, here is the link to the Oracle ODT forum:
    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=228

and the Oracle ODP forum:
    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=146

• Proposed as answer by FletcherJ Wednesday, July 1, 2009 6:04 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 5:21 PM
  • thanks
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:09 PM
  • Samanyu,

If your problem is solved, please mark the thread answered.  Then you won't waste peoples time (at least those who check to make sure all questions are answered....)

Taek care,

FletcherJ
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:16 PM
  • Dear Samanyu: We have the same problem! You can resolve it? Please give any idea.. Regards, Marcelo.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:25 PM
  • The problem you are experiencing is beacuse you are opening two or more connections in the same transaction, and ODP.Net 11g defaults transactions handling to "promotable".  Either change the logic to only use only one connection in a transaction(recommended) or use MDTC and Oracle MTS.   The latter has much more overhead and should only be used in real distributed transactions.
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:01 AM