Communicator Mobile 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Just an FYI for those rushing to install CoMo 2007 RTM today...

Downloaded/installed the RTM of Como 2007.  Got my self signed cert installed on my WM6 phone.  Configured all the settings correctly but kept getting prompted that I had to upgrade my client "You must update your version of Communciator Mobile" before you can sign in.
    Contact your system administrator to get the correct version
    "

After scratching my head for a few minutes, I found this old article on the OCS beta

http://blogs.technet.com/networking/archive/2007/09/06/communicator-mobile-beta-2-cannot-sign-on-to-ocs-2007.aspx

Changing the filtering to be 'below' the RTM version of the CoMo client on the Edge and FE servers resolved the issue as explained in this article.  Hope that helps someone!

Friday, September 28, 2007 6:08 PM

All replies

• Very usefull post. I was also finding out on how to reconfigure the filter but the answer is already here.

By the way: is there a way to capture the client info of users who are logging on to the OCS environment. I know that you can get the Communicator version of users that are logged on via the MMC console by querying the RTC database. Are there other ways as well?

Communicator Mobile 2007 can be downloaded here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2eea3e24-f216-4887-92b0-f37d942e26e0&displaylang=en

Thomas
    Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:53 AM
  • Hey thanks a lot for that tip there!

Had been trying all the combinations I could think of for that and the only thing that seemed to work was turning version control off completely..

Very strange resolution but hey it works Big Smile

Although a more descriptive subject would be handy - cos the search feature on here ain't all that great

Monday, October 15, 2007 2:15 AM
  • "By the way: is there a way to capture the client info of users who are logging on to the OCS environment. I know that you can get the Communicator version of users that are logged on via the MMC console by querying the RTC database. Are there other ways as well"

Thomas, if you install an Archiving server there are statistics recorded in the database tables.  This data is recorded even when the conversations are not being archived.  For example, we have a few ASP pages that show relevant data to upper management, like whom is talking to whom, the number of unique users that have used the communicator product, etc. 

The archiving piece is pretty flexible as to the data that you can pull from the tables if you are experienced with SQL server.

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:41 PM
  • Thanks for the useful information, Tony. I passed this on to the OCS documentaion team (to which I belong), and we can hopefully update the Release Notes to cover this scenario. Best...SMS

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:52 AM