MSCRM 4.0: Cannot get the "Remove Link" Cascading Relationship Behavoir to work... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have and simple 1:n relationship between to entities. The Cascading Relation Behavoir on the Delete action is set to "Remove Link".

But when i delete the parent entity, the lookup field on the child entity still points to the deleted entity which then throws an CrmObjectNotFoundException.

In the database the child entity still stores the GUID and name of the parent entity.

So what am i doing wrong?

Best Regards,
    Christian
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:42 AM

Answers

• Make sure you have the latest rollup installed and also publish both entities again. you could even change the relationship, publish it and then change it back, then publish it. Remove Link should do what it says on the tin, remove the link from the lookup that pointed to the deleted entity.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 1:28 AM

All replies

• You did nothing wrong. As per my knowledge, CRM behave like this. :)
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:35 AM
  • Make sure you have the latest rollup installed and also publish both entities again. you could even change the relationship, publish it and then change it back, then publish it. Remove Link should do what it says on the tin, remove the link from the lookup that pointed to the deleted entity.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 1:28 AM