money plus sunset windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using MS Money 2000 standard and have backups.  My computer died so I have a new machine with Windows 8.1  I downloaded what I thought was Money Plus Sunset and it installed ok but it does not seem to be the sunset version and it will not restore my backup files - says they are incompatible.

How do I check if I have the sunset version and can I restore Money 2000 backups?

Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:57 PM

All replies

• Thanks for your reply Dominic.  I have deleted Sunset and downloaded the QEF2 version for NZ but it is asking for a password and will not accept my previous password.  Didn't ask for a password during setup so I am now stuck again!!  Perhaps I delete this installation  and try again?

Ron

Monday, December 23, 2013 12:07 AM
  • It depends on what kind of password you need.

• If your file was still protected by a Microsoft Passport you need the password you created for that. The access protection method cannot now be changed.
    • If the file was protected by a Windows Live ID and you have recently changed the password, disconnect from the internet and apply the old password. Once you have access to the file, change the access protection to a simple password.
    • If the file was protected by a simple password and you have just forgotten the password you used you will need to try all variations until you find the correct one. Without the correct password you will not get access to the file.
    Monday, December 23, 2013 9:02 AM