CRM 4.0 - Publish customization error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I´m experiencing and error when I trying to publish the incident entity.

We need to create a dev environment for demonstration to our clients, we created our demonstration environment based on the customizations of our internal CRM.

The point is I export our CRM customizations to a virtual machine like a month ago and at that time I remember having a problem with this importation file it was too large… I got this conclusion for all the investigation that I made. So my resolution was importing the customization in 3 or 4 parts. 

N
    ow I was creating a incident and just opening the form I got an error of a missing field… I tried to change anything on the entity but I notice that is not possible. I exported again only the incident customization and imported on the  virtual machine, the process work fine until I try to publish, the following error showed up:

An error has occurred.
    Try this action again. If the problem
    continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or
    contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator.
    Finally,
    you can contact Microsoft Support.

So I tried to import this time all the custom entities related to the incident but the error when I tried to publish was the same.

I have enabled the trace but I can´t get anything that could help me on the log file.

I found this blog http://blogs.salentica.com/direland/2009/04/16/a-hitchhikers-guide-to-transporting-schemas/ but I can´t find the string: select organizationui0.ObjectTypeCode as ‘objecttypecode’ like is suggested on the blog.

Can anyone knows a way of fixing this situation? I really need help…

Jessica
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The problem is now solved.

I had a custom field on the incident that was not imported with the correct name.

So I did something that was no supported, change that field name directly on the database.

Jessica
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hi, Jessica.

Try to switch on trace and read logs. There will be detailed information about source of error.

Truth is opened the prepared mind My blog - http://a33ik.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:37 PM
  • hi
    can you pls give me your server config for both with rollups etc.?
    Try to compare your incindent xml to the new incident xml export file.

It sounds like you have a incompatability issue bewteen your two systems on incident.
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:55 AM
  • Hi,

The problem is now solved.

I had a custom field on the incident that was not imported with the correct name.

So I did something that was no supported, change that field name directly on the database.

Jessica
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:47 AM