Practice test 'games' for helping with understanding concepts? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was thinking about the recent achievement by gamers in the discovery that's helping the fight against AIDS.  I wonder if having more games that teach and reinforce the concepts and operations of Windows products might be a good way to help teach them. 
    Friday, September 23, 2011 4:36 PM

All replies

• Check this out by Microsoft, its not really a teching per say, you do get an explanation as to why the ansewer is right or wrong.

Pit your technology acumen against other IT Professionals & Developers from around the world in a battle for bragging rights and leader board domination!

Don't Delay!

Play now to test your tech IQ and to find out:

Are YOU Certifiable?!?

http://www.areyoucertifiable.com/

Runtime Research - Software Development, Cainrs Australia.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 4:52 AM
  • Hi,

of course: The main idea is nice. But you have to think carefully about what you can teach and how.

I think it could be nice to have some games that describe parts of a computer, e.g. the player has to manage files ona disk or something like that.

So yes: The idea sounds great.

BUT: What I saw in the past is, that the games are just to limited by this teaching. So people who want to play will choose some other games instead that make more fun. And people wanting to learn something will prefer other stuff, too (e.g. reading documentation).

Just my thoughts on this topic.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, September 26, 2011 7:12 AM
    Answerer