Off Topic: ipod wont communicate with PC RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

I dont know if anyone can help with this but it ihave tried everthing i can thin of to sort the problem.

I have downloaded the latest itunes software the apple website.

Then i plugged in ipod

computer says found new hardware and tries to find divers etc but cannot locate.

Look in My computer no sign of ipod listed

Go int system/adnin tools/ devices and Ipod is shown in other devices with a yellow question mark.

I have run system mechanic to chech the registry files and that came up clean.

There is no option to change the drive letter of device available to change.

I have looked in several forums for advice and cannot find any info (that works)

My PC is about 4 years old running XP home 2.6Mhz pentium service pack 2, 80GB hard drive,

I can download the itunes software and have all the music showing in a folder on the PC but no communication.

I have tried all six USB 2 sockets no difference.

Ihave tried all the suggested apple and microsoft fixes without success.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer on this

Mark

Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark

Sorry but if you are not using Windows Live OneCare then you are off topic, this forum is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare, you can look for help and an answer here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx I will be moving your post to the Off Topic Forum too.

chuck

Monday, October 15, 2007 9:39 PM
  • The same thing happened to me. Chuck, this is a Windows Live OneCare issue, because my IPod worked just fine until I loaded One Care.  Now, my IPod says is connected, but I do not see my Ipod on ITunes.  So, I'm going to uninstall one care, and hope everything works again.

Valdene

Friday, August 1, 2008 12:58 AM