One Live Care Does Not Complete Registry Scan RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have Vista Ultimate 64 and when I run One Live Care the Registry Scan does not complete. Do you know how long this scan would take. It ran for 4 hours and never completed. There was no spyware and only 1.7mbs of temp folders. Is there any other Microsoft tool that can be used?

• Changed type JimR1Moderator Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:31 PM Off topic.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:31 PM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Tune-up)
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 4:22 PM

All replies

• This subscription OneCare application has NO registry cleaner, so you must be referring to the on-line Safety Scanner.  That utility is supported here:

http://boards.msn.com/safetyboards/forum.aspx?ForumID=13

Regards, Dave
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 4:40 PM
  • To add to what Dave said:  As far as I'm aware, this is the only registry scanner Microsoft has made public, and at least early on it was capable of causing significant issues--inability to apply security patches to Office after running such a scan, for example.

I've very seldom found anyone who could offer convincing evidence that  a registry cleaner/scanner provided measurable benefit to them.  The sole exception I remember was a software developer, whose work with installation packaging resulted in a large amount of registry churn--a situation very different from the average user.
     "parsons714" wrote in message news:afa3a038-30b5-4797-aa50-ba8ef0527010@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have Vista Ultimate 64 and when I run One Live Care the Registry Scan does not complete. Do you know how long this scan would take. It ran for 4 hours and never completed. There was no spyware and only 1.7mbs of temp folders. Is there any other Microsoft tool that can be used?

Bill Sanderson
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:27 AM