none
MSMoney Quote updates RRS feed

• Question

• Have noticed toat the UK and Europe Fund prices are not being updated. Are others having similar issues?
    Thursday, April 2, 2020 6:44 PM

All replies

• Working for me apart from a Rathbone and a L&G fund which haven't worked for a while

• Edited by SC489 Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:12 AM
    Monday, April 6, 2020 6:31 PM
  • Working for me apart from a Rathbone and a L&G fund which haven't worked for a while

Steve Cussons

For me, Lindsell Train UK Equity and Lindsell Train Global Equity stopped working on 26 March 2020

Monday, April 6, 2020 6:57 PM
  • Yes, I have the same problem here for all my UK funds, across multiple fund managers. All had worked until 27 March. I can't find the funds either on the MSN Money quote webpage or through the Gaier Software Financial Instrument Search Page (https://gaiersoftware.com/FinancialInstrumentSearch). So looks as though MS aren't providing the quotes at the moment. Unsure whether this is on purpose, as I can see they still do provide quotes for some funds (that I do not hold).
    Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:54 PM
  • If a quote for the fund is available on Yahoo Finance then you can use my quote updater, msmquote, to update the quote data in your Money file. Msmquote is available here on GitHub.

It's open source software written in Java and will require the Java 8 Runtime Environment to be installed on your machine to run.

Jonathan.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 9:01 AM
  • MSMoneyQuotes still works for me for 40 quotes in the UK apert from the 2 I mentioned above

• Edited by SC489 Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:12 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:11 AM

Steve Cussons

For me, Lindsell Train UK Equity and Lindsell Train Global Equity stopped working on 26 March 2020

For me, for the above, the update has progressed to 9 April 2020.
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:40 AM
  • Not fund related, but I’ve started getting issues with regular stock quotes updating. This is since last week and I get an error message when using MSMoneyquotes “ Failed to resolve symbols from money file to full instrument ID’s on MSN money” Prices don’t update and I have to update manually. This doesn’t always effect all stocks I track and is random in which it does. I’ve just run the program and only one stock EVE has updated. I’ve also found that running the program late at night around 23:30 UK and early morning around 07:30 UK sometimes results in price updates working. Anyone found similar?
    • Edited by Dobtastic Tuesday, April 28, 2020 11:40 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2020 11:38 AM
  • I’ve also found that running the program late at night around 23:30 UK and early morning around 07:30 UK sometimes results in price updates working. Anyone found similar?
    Interesting. Will try it out. As of today, Lindsell Train UK Equity and Lindsell Train Global Equity have progressed to 17 April and 24 April respectively. These days, I manually update these. For me, the portfolio prices seem to last updated around 4:15p.m (UK time) rather than 4:30p.m (UK market closing time).
    Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:38 PM
  • I tried an update around lunchtime, only EVE would update, none of the other symbols did. Sometimes MSMQ runs and tells me it’s updated the exchange rates, then I just get the error message “ Failed to resolve symbols from money file to full instrument ID’s on MSN money” Other times it completes without any error message, but doesn’t update any prices. It’s weird as up until the other week it had been working faultlessly since the last program update. I don’t understand what the “ Failed to resolve symbols from money file to full instrument ID’s on MSN money” means. It seems to imply that there is an issue with something in my money file, but I’ve no idea of how I could resolve it. Just wondered whether anyone else had got this error message?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2020 6:52 PM
  • Hello,

I am glad to discover that there is still some Microsoft Money users.
    I am using the French version 2005 and i use Gaier software to update quotes.
    Recently I discovered that some Financial instruments does not update since a few days.
    Today i have tried to recreate the SymbolMap.csv with the -m option,  but the MSMoneyQuotes.exe from Gaier software recreate a blank SymboMap.csv file.
    The Financial Instrument Search page does not provide any answer for the Kraft Heinz stock  (ticker KHC) and the MSN Finance web "search quotation" does not return anything   ( see  and try this link https://www.msn.com/fr-be/finance/details-de-l-action/bru-bnb/fi-aaq1ec)
    I experience also a lot of "Failed to resolve symbols" from money file . To overcome this problem I edited the SymbolMap.csv file and change the mapping to the following form for the Kraft Heinz stock to get the correct update... It was just a guess.

KHC,126.1.KHC.NAS     (my question is therefore ....where to find this kind of mapping for KHC?)

Since April 24 I cannot get the Nasdaq composite index updated, and  I was unable to find the necessary mapping to get it working with the SymbolMap.csv file.... Any suggestion?

Papilou

• Edited by Papilou Friday, May 1, 2020 9:43 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2020 9:07 PM
  • I tried an update around lunchtime, only EVE would update, none of the other symbols did. Sometimes MSMQ runs and tells me it’s updated the exchange rates, then I just get the error message “ Failed to resolve symbols from money file to full instrument ID’s on MSN money” Other times it completes without any error message, but doesn’t update any prices. It’s weird as up until the other week it had been working faultlessly since the last program update. I don’t understand what the “ Failed to resolve symbols from money file to full instrument ID’s on MSN money” means. It seems to imply that there is an issue with something in my money file, but I’ve no idea of how I could resolve it. Just wondered whether anyone else had got this error message?

I have noticed on MSN Finance that the seach Box does not respond to any Ticker. Only tickers below in the list return information (TEF, CPU, or PRB.A)

Looks like an issue to be solved by Microsoft....

Papilou

• Edited by Papilou Sunday, May 3, 2020 10:06 AM
    Sunday, May 3, 2020 10:00 AM
  • Strange but some FTSE 100 prices are not working now. These were working last week. e.g. BARC, IAG

Monday, May 4, 2020 9:31 AM

I have noticed on MSN Finance that the seach Box does not respond to any Ticker. Only tickers below in the list return information (TEF, CPU, or PRB.A)

Looks like an issue to be solved by Microsoft....

Papilou

Thanks for your response, I was beginning to think it was just me having an issue. I also tried putting the ticker symbols into the MSN Finance search field, I got the same result that it didn’t produce any response. I agree this appears to be an issue with Microsoft!!! I did somehow manage to produce a symbolmaps.csv, and so by adding the “-v”? to the shortcut I can now get price updates. Now that I have the csv file, I can also add shares to it.
    Monday, May 4, 2020 10:06 AM
  • Strange but some FTSE 100 prices are not working now. These were working last week. e.g. BARC, IAG

Mine stopped working almost completely with just an error message in MSMQ of “ Failed to resolve symbols from money file to full instrument ID’s on MSN money” I would recommend trying to obtain/ create a symbolmaps.csv file and adding any of your ticker symbols missing to it. If you then create a shortcut and add the -v command to it, it seems to work.
    Monday, May 4, 2020 10:09 AM

Mine stopped working almost completely with just an error message in MSMQ of “ Failed to resolve symbols from money file to full instrument ID’s on MSN money” I would recommend trying to obtain/ create a symbolmaps.csv file and adding any of your ticker symbols missing to it. If you then create a shortcut and add the -v command to it, it seems to work.

Thanks a lot! Should have thought of that as I do use symbolmaps.csv file. Until last week I did not have to use this file option for AV. etc. Now with entries in the map file, it seems to work.

• Proposed as answer by nicole 78 Friday, May 22, 2020 4:31 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by nicole 78 Friday, May 22, 2020 4:31 PM
    Monday, May 4, 2020 10:26 AM
  • Tried again this afternoon and MSMQ seems to be working again and updated quotes normally without adding any commands, anyone else see the same?
    Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:37 PM
  • All is working for me apart from the two funds previously mentioned which are not listed on MSN

• Edited by SC489 Wednesday, May 6, 2020 6:14 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2020 6:14 AM
  • Some prices are still updating a few days later. Appears to have a week lag for these funds.

Lindsell Train UK Equity and Lindsell Train Global Equity

I just update these two manually everyday.

Friday, May 8, 2020 8:49 AM
  • I don’t have any funds in my money file, but the stocks I have in my file all seem to be updating without using the symbolmaps.csv file. I’m glad I took the time to figure out how to use the symbolmaps.csv, as it seems to now provide a backup option if the normal operation doesn’t work, which seems like it’s becoming more frequent. Although to create the file I think it requires the normal MSN quotes service to be working normally, so unless you create the file in advance, when you need it most it won’t be there!
    Friday, May 8, 2020 9:23 AM
  • i hope everything would be clear for you  and perhaps it will help some  users

Cordialement

NICOLE

---------
    Sujet : Re: DAN
    Date : Wed, 20 May 2020 17:39:01 +0200
    De :
    Pour :

Dear Dan,

I understand now why no quotations were possible.
    In fact, I had downloaded the application "my finances" on my computer as well as on my mobile.
    It was very useful because with Money 2005, only the Nasdaq DJ & my Lyxor Cac 40 quotations worked.
    I had a list and then, nothing...
    I discovered that it was Microsoft that blocked the process. Everytime I was on my mobile, Microsoft would ask me : "would you like to fuse". At first, I replied "no" and finally, fed up, I ended up answering "yes". All of a sudden, my quotations had disappeared!
    Therefore, I had the idea to delete these applications & the quotations came back !
    Isn't Microsoft getting too intrusive ?
    I still don't understand why the other ISIN do not work although I follow your instructions.
    My daughter translated this message for me :-)I created the same list on yahoo & the ISIN are different. I don't know what to do anymore.
    Thank you again for your help. Much appreciated.
    Kind regards,

NSF

Friday, May 22, 2020 4:28 PM
  • hi but i don't understand

-------- Message transféré --------
    Sujet : RE: MONEYQUOTE
    Date : Thu, 30 Apr 2020 16:50:09 -0400
    De : support@gaiersoftware.com
    Pour :

Microsoft seems to be having intermittent issues with their quotes service. There’s nothing I can really do about it. Sorry.
    With that said, you can try using the -m SymbolMap feature to see if it helps if you’re having problems resolving your Money symbols to Financial Instruments. That will eliminate a dependency for calling one of Microsoft’s quotes services.

However, if the problem is old/stale quotes…well then I recommend you raise the issue with Microsoft.
    See: https://gaiersoftware.com/Money/DetailsAndHelp
    Dan

-----Original Message-----
    > Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 1:33 PM
    To: support@gaiersoftware.com
    Subject: MONEYQUOTE

HI ITS DON't work no cotations it is finished ?

thanks

nicole

NSF

Friday, May 22, 2020 4:32 PM