CRM Tracking Emails within VPC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Excuse my ignorance, relatively new to Dynamics CRM, would appreciate some help. Having downloaded the VPC for Dynamics CRM (UK localistion) I have been trying to setup an email tracking scenario between two users, within the demo environment. I have used Remote Desktop to login as Paul West and to send an email to the Administrator, this all works fine and the Admin user recieves the email successfully. However, when I select Track in CRM option for the new email within Admins Outlook, it is not shown in the history of the contact within CRM. Am I missing something of the obvious? the tracking setting options within CRM seem to be switched on. Please advise.

Many thanks
    Best Regards

Sajid
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:28 PM

Answers

• When you track an e-mail in CRM it will go to the history of the related record in CRM if you use the Set Regarding feature.  If you simply track the e-mail without using set Regarding then it will track differently. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by CRM Novice Friday, February 27, 2009 9:31 AM
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:03 PM

All replies

• When you track an e-mail in CRM it will go to the history of the related record in CRM if you use the Set Regarding feature.  If you simply track the e-mail without using set Regarding then it will track differently. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by CRM Novice Friday, February 27, 2009 9:31 AM
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:03 PM
  • Hi Donna - Many thanks for your help :)
    Friday, February 27, 2009 9:30 AM
  • You're welcome, happy to help
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, February 27, 2009 1:43 PM