none
Installation problem w/ SyncToy 2.1 and Windows Vista Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to install and run 2.1 and I'm failing.  My computer runs Vista Home Premium -- and is up-to-date on all updates.

The error I get is as follows:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue...  Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code."

I've tried uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it -- however, I always get the same message.  If I click Continue, then the program crashes.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?  My wifes computer is identical to mine (same PC with identical software and updates) and SyncToy 2.1 installed fine and runs well on it.  I'm really baffled at this point.

cp

Chris
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 5:22 AM

All replies

• What is the error message showed, did it look like this?

"Component Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Core Components has failed to install with the following error message:
    "A fatal error occurred during the installation of Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Core Components."

The following components were not installed:
    - Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Provider Services

The following components failed to install:
    - Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Core Components"

If yes, please look at another forum thread: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/synctoy/thread/ddf9fe6b-d4e4-4082-b74c-7d43f05adb29

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:08 AM