hleofxquotes: Build_20190101_238 - monitor Downloads/ directory and auto-import *.qfx files RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've updated hleofxquotes to Build_20190101_238

• Add functionality to monitor Downloads/ directory for new *.qfx file and auto-import them as *.ofx. Basically a short-hand for check for new *.qfx file, copy to *.ofx, double-click the new OFX file.
    • I also test to make sure hleofxquotes continues to work with the latest JDK 11

To download: https://bitbucket.org/hleofxquotesteam/hleofxquotes/downloads/

By default, the monitor code is NOT enable. 

To enable, create an empty file in directory ${HOME}/.hleofxquotes/watchService/enable.txt
        where ${HOME} is your home directory. 
        for example: C:\Users\xxx\.hleofxquotes\watchService\enable.txt

Then start tool again.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 7:06 PM

All replies

• Also, it will auto-fix the Wells Fargo missing-end-of-line also as part of the "copy from QFX to OFX". 
    Tuesday, January 1, 2019 7:14 PM
  • Thanks for posting. I don't have a need for it at the moment, but good to know.  You don't already have a tool to make QIF export files into an OFX, do you?
    Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:07 PM
  • You don't already have a tool to make QIF export files into an OFX, do you?

Unfortunately, no. Is there a use-case? I meant, money will import QIF, yes?

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:51 PM
  • I've offloaded my PayPal account donation transactions (1,900) to a separate Money account and substituted them with year-end totals.  I know that exporting (and deleting) transactions does not decrease the Money file size, but hopefully, adding several hundred for 2019 should not increase the file size either.  Anyways, when I export the PayPal account transactions next year, the hundreds of other PayPal purchase transactions from the last 18 years that I've left intact, will all have to be reconciled once again, because the file is QIF, rather than OFX.  

After getting tired of Accepting the imported transactions one at-a-time, at least I figured out that I can hold down Alt & p, to quickly Accept the long list of transactions.

That was the use-case for me, but you needn't create the tool just for me ;)

• Edited by ameridan Wednesday, January 2, 2019 8:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:29 PM
  • I've offloaded my PayPal account donation transactions (1,900) to a separate Money account and substituted them with year-end totals.  I know that exporting (and deleting) transactions does not decrease the Money file size, but hopefully, adding several hundred for 2019 should not increase the file size either.  Anyways, when I export the PayPal account transactions next year, the hundreds of other PayPal purchase transactions from the last 18 years that I've left intact, will all have to be reconciled once again, because the file is QIF, rather than OFX.  

After getting tired of Accepting the imported transactions one at-a-time, at least I figured out that I can hold down Alt & p, to quickly Accept the long list of transactions.

That was the use-case for me, but you needn't create the tool just for me ;)

To automatically accept all of the transactions that  you bring in in the QIF files, in
    Tools->settings->OnlineServiceSettings  tick
    AutomaticallyAcceptAllDownloadTransactionsFromBankingStatements.

I did not test that.

If you wish declare an account balanced, you can mark all entries balanced.  Select to show only unreconciled
    transactions.  Sort by date, and go to the oldest transaction. Hold down Cntl+Shift+M and let auto-repeat work thru the
    transactions until none are left showing. 

Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:27 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion Cal.  I tried changing it for the offloaded PayPal Money file, but I see that the setting sticks with the program, and I don't want that setting for my regular Money files.  I'll have to try and remember that setting next year when I offload another years worth of transactions.
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:55 AM
  • Thanks so much hleofxquotes.  Works great for stock quotes.  Am up to date on my imports of qfx files so I can't test that yet.  But I'll be back to report when I use it.
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 4:35 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion Cal.  I tried changing it for the offloaded PayPal Money file, but I see that the setting sticks with the program, and I don't want that setting for my regular Money files.  I'll have to try and remember that setting next year when I offload another years worth of transactions.

I just imported a QIF statement, and took this screen capture. To accept the transactions one time, click ReconcileTransactions->AcceptAllTransactions

Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:16 PM
  • Now that is helpful!   I guess I hadn't noticed that option being added after an import, but that is ideal. 

Microsoft created a great program, and it still amazes me that they abandoned it.

Thursday, January 3, 2019 4:25 PM
  • Nice find!
    Saturday, January 5, 2019 10:38 PM