Menu options now show MSN? RRS feed

• Question

• I have the 2005 UK version of MS Money.

When I select the options My Money, Investing, Banking, Planning, Mortgages, Insurance or Students, I just see the MSN landing page presumably because the right page is no longer available. There are no sub-menus to select.

However, if I select a shortcut to e.g. Savings then I see the menu item Planning / Planning Tools shown and the other sub-menu items are available.

How do you restore the original menu behaviour? I tried blocking Money in the firewall using inbound and outbound rules but that just shows a blank page instead of the MSN page.

• Edited by SC489 Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:07 AM

All replies

• I found a solution!

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money 2005\MNYCoreFiles\WebCache
    2. The file urlmap.xml contains the old links which no longer work and screw up the MS Money menu. Rename the file so it doesn't work - I used urlmap.xml_disabled. The MS Money menu should now work

There are various other .xml files in the above directory which contain links to MSN. I haven't fiddled with those. Perhaps someone can advise if those links should be edited or the .xml files disabled.

• Edited by SC489 Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:30 PM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:27 PM