Search Email crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• We currently store activites against the project relationship, therefore when we drill down into the project relationship we can see in seperate tabs, Tasks, Appointments, Phone Calls, Email, what we would like is a search box to allow us to search for specific text within the boy of the text of the email, it would then highlight or filter this tabbed view to only show the emails with the search criteria, is this possible?

I can see that I could query against the email entity for the emails and then could search for the text within the description field but how do I filter the tabbed view???

Any ideas or pointers, examples?

regards,

Matt

Friday, August 8, 2014 3:50 PM

All replies

• Just to clear a few things up, since I have had no response so far, I have a form that has a number of sections one of which being email and within here is a datagrid showing the related email.

Is it possible to filter this datagrid by text contained within a textbox and refresh the datagrid or indeed change the source for the data in this datagrid?

I did find a link which talked about this with grids and subgrids and changing the fetchxml of the grid but then I got a little lost so wondered what peoples thoughts were on this.

regards,

Matt

Monday, August 11, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Hi Matt,

You can filter subgrids using javascript based on specific value, did you check this blog

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, August 11, 2014 10:14 AM