Cannont Connect to OCS Standard Anonymously RRS feed

• Question

• I have everything working internally and I can connect from an external client with the correct credentials.  However, I cant seem to connect from an anonymous client.

To connect from the external client I go into the Live Meeting cleint and uder user accounts I enter the Sign-in Name then I clieck on Advanced and enter the External server name of the IM client.  Everything works...

On an anonymous user I put in a bogus sign-in name and under Live Meeting Service URL: I put in the external Web Conferencing URL.  Hit test connection and it cant find the service.

I am clearly missing something here but after months of working with this thing I am in need of somebody's input.

Thanks in advance

Friday, June 27, 2008 4:35 PM

All replies

• How is your meeting created?

You have several options to invite people

- Open Authenticated (any user on OCS)

- Closed Authenticated (Only users in meeting request)

- Anonymously (any user)

So check how you create the meeting

Friday, June 27, 2008 11:17 PM
  • Not sure I understand...

I start a meeting with the meet now option and I invite a user through Invite via email.  It sends a message to the user at a yahoo account.  I download the message via MS Outlook POP3 account and click on the join now link in the message.

Of course I have the Live Meeting client installed... which lead me to the stuff I mentioned in the original post.

I did come across something today in the planning guide.  I received my cert from Networksolutions and the external DNS for the web conferencing is web.domainname.com.  Network solutions does not support alternative names so when I submitted the cert request the kicked it back oriingally and i had to remove the sip.domainname.com

Not sure if this is the cause of my grief or not.  Unfortunately Network solutions also hosts our dns

Friday, June 27, 2008 11:49 PM
  • OK so you don't use Outlook to schedule meetings

You don't have to configure any URL for the Live Meeting client, that is only if you use the Microsoft Hosted Live Meeting Service

You should be able to click on the Join Meeting link in the email message

If the link does not work you may need to copy the Location from the email message

You don't have to configure anything on the clients

If you can't join the Live meeting then there might be a problem with your Conferencing EDGE

Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:02 AM
  • OK - so when I do a join now meeting and send the link out to an anonymous user how does the link get back to my server?  I have two external urls web.domainname.com and lcs.domainname.com.  Unfortunately I do not see a reference to them in the meeting invitation I send out... Did I miss something in the config?

Monday, June 30, 2008 4:04 PM
  • You won't see any URLs in the Meeting Link

The client resolves the correct links via the sip domain and SRV records

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 10:54 AM
  • OK - now I think I might be getting somewhere.  BTW thanks for the effort this thing is killing me.  My DNS provider (Network Solutions) does not support SRV records.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 5:47 PM
  • You could try to add the Server configuration in the Client manually

Open User Accounts in Live Meeting client

Enter sign-in name and click advanced

Enter external Access Proxy : ap.domain.com:443 for the external servername

And try again

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 9:47 PM
  •  

Unfortunately I have tried that.  I think I might ust have to rebuild the edge server since there seems to be no reason for it not to work.
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 5:32 PM
  • I would create a new debug session on your EDGE server and look at the sip traffic with snooper tool from resource kit

Thursday, July 3, 2008 7:17 PM