none
Visitors/Answerers lists missing and incorrect in multiple forums RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed that for a while now the Visitor/Answerer box is not working correctly in a number of forums.  Some forums display only the visitors and not any answerer lists, while other forums show all lists but the visitor data is completely incorrect.

For example, for some reason just one of the TechNet Exchange forums doesn't display answerer lists at all, while all the other forums in the same Exchange Server Forums group work correctly.

TechNet > Exchange Server Forums > Unified Messaging
         Recent Visitors / Recent Moderators

Also, I've noticed the OCS forums have multiple problems.

First, the answerer data is all wrong, showing a list of names of people that don't even post in those forums.  It appears the answering data is coming from somewhere else on the Microsoft Forums (OCS is not under the TechNet forums, for reasons I still don't understand) as the  current Top Answerer posts almost exclusively in the Live/Live Mesh forums.

Microsoft > Office Communications Server Forums
         Recent Visitors / Recent Moderators / Top Answerers (Wrong Data) / Top MVP Answerers (Wrong Data)

Microsoft > Office Communicator Forums
         Recent Visitors / Recent Moderators / Top Answerers (Wrong Data) / Top MVP Answerers (Wrong Data)

Secondly, if you navigate into a child forum under any of the 5 OCS forums then no answerer data is even displayed on the individual forum pages, only the two visitor lists are cycled through.  For eaxmple:

Microsoft > Office Communicator Forums > OC Setup & Deployment

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:31 PM

Answers

• I've created a bug for investigation.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:12 PM
  • I've assigned the bug to one of our tester for investigation. We have a few bugs that we're currently focusing on however, this issue is on our radar. No ETA on a fix and I'll update once we get further status.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:33 PM
  •  First, the answerer data is all wrong, showing a list of names of people that don't even post in those forums.  It appears the answering data is coming from somewhere else on the Microsoft Forums (OCS is not under the TechNet forums, for reasons I still don't understand) as the  current Top Answerer posts almost exclusively in the Live/Live Mesh forums.

Microsoft >
    Office Communications Server Forums

This is a bug (or design change request) to include category level top answerers lists or "leaderboards". I don't have a schedule for deliverying this, for the time being the leaderboards are only available at the brand/locale level (Microsoft en-us forums) and the actual individual forums themselves. So I've logged this as a bug but I'm not sure when we'll get to it.

Secondly, if you navigate into a child forum under any of the 5 OCS forums then no answerer data is even displayed on the individual forum pages, only the two visitor lists are cycled through.  For eaxmple:

The Top Answerers lists are time boxed to 30 days and at least the OC Setup & Deployment forum seems to not have any recent answers. Sure, there are answers that have recently been replied to or marked, but the date time on the actual contributions are not in the 30 day range. However, we'll double check to ensure there isn't a bug here for this.

Community Forums Program Managers
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 3:56 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• I've created a bug for investigation.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:12 PM
  • Don, any update on this?
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:10 PM
  • I've assigned the bug to one of our tester for investigation. We have a few bugs that we're currently focusing on however, this issue is on our radar. No ETA on a fix and I'll update once we get further status.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:33 PM
  • Cool, no hurry as it's not a big deal, just wanted to make sure it was tracked before this threads got buried too far back.

Thanks for the update.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:49 PM
  •  First, the answerer data is all wrong, showing a list of names of people that don't even post in those forums.  It appears the answering data is coming from somewhere else on the Microsoft Forums (OCS is not under the TechNet forums, for reasons I still don't understand) as the  current Top Answerer posts almost exclusively in the Live/Live Mesh forums.

Microsoft >
    Office Communications Server Forums

This is a bug (or design change request) to include category level top answerers lists or "leaderboards". I don't have a schedule for deliverying this, for the time being the leaderboards are only available at the brand/locale level (Microsoft en-us forums) and the actual individual forums themselves. So I've logged this as a bug but I'm not sure when we'll get to it.

The Top Answerers lists are time boxed to 30 days and at least the OC Setup & Deployment forum seems to not have any recent answers. Sure, there are answers that have recently been replied to or marked, but the date time on the actual contributions are not in the 30 day range. However, we'll double check to ensure there isn't a bug here for this.

Community Forums Program Managers
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 3:56 AM
    Answerer