Customer Portal for CRM 2011 WLID RRS feed

• Question

• I set up the Customer Portal for CRM 2011, when I press to login I type in my WLID, press ok, and it brings me back to the home page of the portal. I'm still not logged in. Is there an area where I have to type in my WLID to my account in CRM? I'm lost at this point.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi - Have you read through the administration guide regarding setting up users?  You need to add some details to contacts and send invites to the site to be able to sign in for the first time.  All site users are contacts so you will also need to add any internal admin users as contacts and invite them also (as well as relating them to the admin role if you want them to be able to content manage the site).  When I first deployed the site I has the same situation as you but everything worked fine after following the admin guide.

Regards
    Andrew

Friday, June 24, 2011 10:51 AM

All replies

• No one has any insight into this? Any ideas as to what could possibly be causing this issue?
    • Proposed as answer by AndrewCox Friday, June 24, 2011 10:45 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by AndrewCox Friday, June 24, 2011 10:46 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:33 PM
  • Hi - Have you read through the administration guide regarding setting up users?  You need to add some details to contacts and send invites to the site to be able to sign in for the first time.  All site users are contacts so you will also need to add any internal admin users as contacts and invite them also (as well as relating them to the admin role if you want them to be able to content manage the site).  When I first deployed the site I has the same situation as you but everything worked fine after following the admin guide.

Regards
    Andrew

Friday, June 24, 2011 10:51 AM