Cannot enter new contacts in CRM 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• How do I find a problem with the mappings between the account record and the contact record?  Currently we cannot enter new contacts.  HELP!

Monday, June 23, 2008 5:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• This link did not help me, how do I fix this problems?

Monday, June 23, 2008 5:47 PM
  • You will need to give more details.  What exactly happens, what errors do you get?

My first thought is do you have any customizations to the contacts entity that might be preventing entering new contact?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:58 AM
  • can you check your contact customization.  its most probablys some customization failure or javascript of save button causes not to save .

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:14 PM
  • I was adding mapping to some fields between accounts and contacts.  The problem only happens when I try and enter a new contact on an existing account.  It says that: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator and will not add the contact.  I can add contacts all other ways. but not if I am already in an existing account. I deleted the mapping I had created thinking it would fix the problem but it has not.  Not sure what the next step is.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:18 PM
  • Did you view the details of the error message that it asks you to send back to Microsoft?  This will sometimes give you more details.  Also, use the crm 4.0 diagnostic tool and perform a platform trace and a sql trace--this should tell you which of your mappings is causing a problem.

The trace logs will also be helpful if you need to set up a call with Microsoft support to diagnose.  You can download the crm diagnostic tool from here: http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/03/04/crmdiagtool4-for-microsoft-crm-4-0-has-been-released.aspx

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:42 PM
  • Will this tool work for CRM vs 3.0?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:48 PM
  • Also where can I go to view the error??? I check the event log from the server but can seem to find anything related.  Just some messages about the duplicate records warrnings.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:50 PM
  • For 3.0, go to the we******.config file, located in the root of your crm we****** site folder.&n******sp; This is either in the wwwroot folder or in the c:/program files/crmwe****** folder.&n******sp; change the deverrors= string to on.&n******sp; This should then give you a more specific error message.

&n******sp;

Regarding the diagnostic tool, there is one for 3.0.&n******sp; I'm not sure if you can download it, or you have to get it from MSFT support

&n******sp;

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:54 PM
  •  

The site that has the 4.0 diagnostic tool also has the 3.0 turbo diagnostic tool.

http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2007/07/26/crmdiagtoolturbo-update-3-0-5300-26707.aspx

Edit Ronald Lemmen:
    replaced "******" with "b". This caused the link to not be working

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:58 PM