none
How can I export a backup of SyncToy's current settings, and import this backup of settings on another computer? RRS feed

• Question

• I use SyncToy2.1 to backup my files, there are too many folder pairs to create, so, I want to export a backup of all folder pairs created, it's very useful when I reinstall SyncToy or install SyncToy on another computer, I can import the folder fairs from the backup file but not create it one by one again.

How can I export and Import it?

Sunday, May 30, 2010 3:19 AM

All replies

• SyncToy dose not support import and export your folder pairs and syncing meta data.

But if you your reinstall on the same computer, or the another computer has the same folders tree as your previous one, you can achieve this by just copying the "SyncToyDirPairs.bin" to the new installation 's app local data folder.

Thanks,

Ping 

Saving a Folder Pair 

• SyncToy saves your folder pair information automatically when you create a new folder pair or change an existing one. You don't need to take any special action to ensure that the folder pair information is saved.
    • <label id="note">Technical note:</label>The folder pair information is saved in a file named "SyncToyDirPairs.bin," (on Windows Vista: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\SyncToy\2.0\SyncToyDirPairs.bin, on Windows XP: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\SyncToy\2.0\SyncToyDirPairs.bin").

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 7:03 AM
  • SyncToyDirPairs.bin

I can't find this anywhere. Can you help? I looked in the above mentioned location.

Thanks,

Ti

Monday, May 31, 2010 6:13 AM
  • C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\SyncToy\2.0

This is where it is located on my Windows 7 computer.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:01 PM
  • Perfect, I copied file from this folder and placed in new machine and Bingo !
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 11:33 PM
  • Perfect, I copied files from old machine to new machine and Bingo!
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 11:34 PM