WHS 11 - 64 bit - Need to migrate from maxtor 160gb ide to Western Digital 1tb sata - stuck at verifying dmi pool data RRS feed

• Question

• First off, thanks for reading. After extensive searching and many failed attempts I've decided to post in hopes of finding one clear cut answer. Here I go...

Im running whs11 on a 160gb ide drive and want move OS and files to a western digital 1tb. I was able to clone the drive (can see all mt files) with "XXClone' but it wont boot. Instead a message appears "Verifying DMI pool data...Boot mgr is missing...Ctrl+alt+del"

I've tried loading MBR via xxclone but it doesnt do the trick. I did a full server backup and tried putting that image on the HD but that fails as well. What am I doing wrong? PLEASE help

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:54 AM

Answers

• I am not exactly sure what you mean by "I did a full server backup and tried putting that image on the HD but that fails as well.", but I suggest you forget about using 3rd Party tools and use the inbuilt features of WHS2011. Back up your server (using the Dashboard) to an external drive. Shut down the Server and replace the old HDD with your new 1TB drive (ideally unpartitioned). Boot from your original WHS2011 DVD and do a server recovery.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:11 AM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 12:31 PM