none
Host Application in IIS Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

1) Me and one of my colleague is working on the single server but our Id and password is different .We both are using Remote Desktop Connection . 

2) But the problem is my colleague  folder location is different  and my folder location is different  and  we both host UI and Web folder in IIS server, with there different names. 

3) When my colleague is running  the application  on the same time if  I run  the same application our application got conflict either I have to stop my application  so that my colleague can run that application. 

4) If I have done some changes so I have to ask my colleague to stop there application so I can test (vise versa).

5) Even we are not able to done work par alley. 

6) We both are using Visual Studio. 

7) Then connection between the UI and Web component is not establish properly. 

8) I also  bind my application with different port also. 

9) I have trying to login into my application it show login failed. 

10) At one time only one user can run the application.

11) So we are using the same port  to run the application.

12) How I can host my application in the IIS Server with different port so that  our application will not get conflict.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:23 PM

All replies

• How I can host my application in the IIS Server with different port so that  our application will not get conflict.

Why don't you just use local IIS, which is the same IIS you are trying to connect to on a remote machine,  on your development machine where you host the Visual Stuido project on local IIS, run the VS project on local IIS, test and debug the code running against local IIS through Visual Stuido?

You can do whatever you want to do, even use the same port, becuase neither one of you are using the same machine.

There is also IIS Express, which is not the same a local IIS, that's close, but it allows the development of the Web project independently on your development machine in working with Visual Stuido.   

http://codetunnel.com/how-to-debug-your-aspnet-projects-running-under-iis/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/extensions/introduction-to-iis-express/iis-express-overview

Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:09 PM