Live Mesh takes forever to sync between two computers on the same network RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I have Live Mesh installed on two computers, on the same network, and until recently - it worked great. Syncing was fast and Live Mesh quickly became one of my favorite and most used applications.
    A few weeks ago, something changed... Syncing the two computers is now REALLY slow and whenever Live Mesh is working - it takes over my bandwidth and surfing the net becomes almost impossible.

Both computers are using the same version of Live Mesh and I'm not sharing ANY folder with the Live Desktop .

Changes I've made in the last month that may be the cause:

• Change the router (twice). Currently using Netgear.
    • Installed Windows 7 on one computer (the other one is old and still using XP).
    Anyone got a solution for me? How can I go back to the Live Mesh utopia as before :(?
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:51 AM

Answers

• If the problem began after changing the router I would try uninstalling and reinstalling Live Mesh on both computers.

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, May 21, 2010 12:58 AM
  • I'd also think about checking the speed of the network between each machine and the router. For example, if they are wired, one link could run at 10Mbps and one at 1Gbps, the different would be enormous.
    Friday, May 21, 2010 11:57 AM

All replies

• If the problem began after changing the router I would try uninstalling and reinstalling Live Mesh on both computers.

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, May 21, 2010 12:58 AM
  • Thanks - I'll give it a try and hope it works...

Why should it matter?

Friday, May 21, 2010 4:14 AM
  • I'd also think about checking the speed of the network between each machine and the router. For example, if they are wired, one link could run at 10Mbps and one at 1Gbps, the different would be enormous.
    Friday, May 21, 2010 11:57 AM