none
View Profile - My Profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I wonder why there's a button to go to "My Profile" and above a button to go to "View Profile". Both lead to the same page.

Powershell Newcomer

Monday, August 27, 2012 12:58 PM

Answers

• I just found out what the differences are.

When you use the "My Forum Links" panel, you change to the location. If you use the other two links up there on your profile description. You'll still be here but it will open a new tab to that link.

Powershell Newcomer

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:26 AM

All replies

• I think the side panels applies to all pages in this forum after you signed in.

That said, it's probably okay to remove "My Profile" and "My Threads" from "My Forum Links" panel.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:14 AM
  • Why the "My Threads" panel?

Powershell Newcomer

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:24 AM
  • Because "<username>'s threads" at the side of "View Profile" points to the same location as "My Threads".
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:38 AM
  • Oh, I didn't even notice that.

My laptop doesn't have the best color difference so I thought it belongs to my description.

Remove-Item LocalUser\View\Threads
    Remove-Item LocalUser\View\Profile

:)

Powershell Newcomer

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:12 AM
  • I just found out what the differences are.

When you use the "My Forum Links" panel, you change to the location. If you use the other two links up there on your profile description. You'll still be here but it will open a new tab to that link.

Powershell Newcomer

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:26 AM
  • I use these buttons extensively (My Profile and My Threads), so I don't like them removed. I practically never use 'View Profile' and I agree that it seems redundant.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:45 PM