Using Streets and trips on new computers RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if the activation codes on the "streets  and trips" and "Autoroute"  disks have any restrictions now as far as how many computers I can use them on in the future? I am hoping that Microsoft will be generous to the paid users and let them activate new installations  on future computers.
    Saturday, May 16, 2015 10:05 PM

All replies

• I am not certain, but the way I read it, do not count on registering any new software after July 15th, 2015.  Looks like they are winding down operations.  What a shame because I use it 99% offline and only need online maps 1% of the time.

Google or another software map company should buy it and use one of two business models.

Scenario #1:  Another map company buys it and writes the software where you can only use a GPS locator with a unique serial number that matches the software.  You can download map updates, but if you want new software you need to buy a new copy and a new GPS locator.  That helps to limit piracy and ensure it is a profitable venture.

Scenario #2: Google buys it and gives away the software for free.  You buy a GPS locator for a one time fee.

Sunday, May 17, 2015 12:03 AM