none
New forums, please. RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Here's a deal.

    We need to have a new forums, according to this list.

    • Demonstration forum = Where you can prove yourself about your project, and programs that you've made.
    • Visual Basic Tips = Where is for moderators and answerers only who can post Visual Basic Tips and Hints(Only in the 'Visual Basic' forum categories).
    • Visual C++ Tips = Where is for moderators and answerers only who can post Visual C++ Tips and Hints(Only in the 'Visual C++' forum categories).
    • Visual C# Tips = Where is for moderators and answerers only who can post Visual C# Tips and Hints(Only in the 'Visual C#' forum categories).
    • Visual Web Developer(new forum categories) = Where you have seperated forums, 'Visual Web Developer General', 'Visual Web Developer Languages', or what forums can you put it, but don't forget 'Visual Web Developer Tips' forum.
    • Microsoft Silverlight(new forum categories) = Where they talk about Silverlight about that.
    • Microsoft Popfly(new forum categories) = A excellent forum categories where they talk about Microsoft Popfly.
    Now I don't know if you guys want 'Off-Topic Post' forum gone, because I don't know if there's any members post or made a new thread in that 'Off-Topic Post' forum or not. That's the idea of having 'Off-Topic Post' gone, and that means if any members post in any forums that are off topic, the moderators or answerers can lock that thread and they can ban the members if that thread is spam, flamish, or maybe is obscene(like malicious linking and pornography for example).

    Now will anybody agree with this thread?

    NOTE: If you disagree with this thread, don't say any negative or abusive comments, if you disagree with this thread, then just say any comments nicely whatever you want, like for example 'That's okay, the rest of this forum is fine.'
    • Edited by MaxfireXSA Thursday, October 2, 2008 11:33 PM Giving additional information to the staffs.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 2:07 AM

All replies

  • With people continuing to post messages that are way off-topic for the forum they are posted to (such as asking a technical question about (say) Windows Server 2003 in a forum for reporting bugs with the forum software), there's a clear need for an Off-Topics forum. "Spam, flamish or obscene" are a minor problem (I've actually only seen spam of those three) and those posts can just be deleted.

    Mike Walsh

    P.S. Why the NOTE ? People here have not to date been nasty when disagreeing.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:24 AM
  • Mike Walsh MVP said:

    With people continuing to post messages that are way off-topic for the forum they are posted to (such as asking a technical question about (say) Windows Server 2003 in a forum for reporting bugs with the forum software), there's a clear need for an Off-Topics forum. "Spam, flamish or obscene" are a minor problem (I've actually only seen spam of those three) and those posts can just be deleted.

    Mike Walsh

    P.S. Why the NOTE ? People here have not to date been nasty when disagreeing.

    Well Mike, if you don't want 'Off-Topic Post' forum gone, then that can be a great idea to leave the 'Off-Topic Post' forum there, I think the owner of this site done a great idea where the 'Off-Topic Post' forum are for any off-topic threads, and any spam threads, flamish threads, and other obscene threads that can be moved to a 'Off-Topic Post' forum and have that posts deleted(that's a good idea) and have that thread locked. Advertisements is an example where it belongs in the 'Off-Topic Post' forum.

    And I know any members did not say anything negative or abusive comments in this thread when disagreeing, that's why I put NOTE, so any members will know to watch what they say in this thread when disagreeing, and watching their language in this thread when disagreeing if any members gonna say any bad words with filters using asterisk(*), or without filters(which is worst). And I make sure to keep an eye on somebodies' post if they gonna agree or disagree(maybe I'll count to see any members agree or not, and I'll show it to this thread). But if any members disagreeing with this thread with any negative or abusive comments, then I'll better make sure to click 'Post is abusive' on the bottom right of the post.

    So Mike, are you gonna agree with this thread that is gonna be new forums, and a new forum category: 'Visual Web Developer'?
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:21 PM
  • Sorry, but as I have no interest in a Visual Web Developer forum, I'd prefer that they spend their time

    a) creating some Project Server 2007 forum(s)

    b) Moving the existing Search Server 2008 Express forums from the old forum system to the new one.


    No doubt everyone has their own list ...
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 4:55 AM
  • Maxfire, they have another forum in technet

    I think you should browse the entire site a little bit more, because nothing is really easy to find here.. I already spent 10 mins looking for the forum where i posted, and found this one instead..

    maybe this forum has something you are looking for?

    http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/default.aspx?siteid=17

    That is another technet thread posting, that might have what information you are looking for..

    One of the things I do not like about the Microsoft sites is how cluttered they are..

    But the auto refreshing pages are really clever..

    Thursday, October 2, 2008 11:21 PM
  • Mike Walsh MVP said:

    Sorry, but as I have no interest in a Visual Web Developer forum, I'd prefer that they spend their time

    a) creating some Project Server 2007 forum(s)

    b) Moving the existing Search Server 2008 Express forums from the old forum system to the new one.


    No doubt everyone has their own list ...

    Then what about the rest of the new forums that you agree on, Mike?

    But for the new forum categories: Visual Web Developer, would exist in this MSDN forum, because I have four Visual Studio Programs on my computer.

    Which is...
    • Visual Basic 2008
    • Visual C++ 2008
    • Visual C# 2008
    • Visual Web Developer 2008
    Is there something else that I have on my computer from Microsoft? I'll check to see what programs that MSDN forgot to put a new forum categories in it.

    Oh yes, Microsoft Silverlight, so that's the new forum category that MSDN staffs forgot about something. Including this, Microsoft Popfly, what a great new forum category to put in this MSDN forum.

    Shadow-Copy said:

    Maxfire, they have another forum in technet

    I think you should browse the entire site a little bit more, because nothing is really easy to find here.. I already spent 10 mins looking for the forum where i posted, and found this one instead..

    maybe this forum has something you are looking for?

    http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/default.aspx?siteid=17

    That is another technet thread posting, that might have what information you are looking for..

    One of the things I do not like about the Microsoft sites is how cluttered they are..

    But the auto refreshing pages are really clever..

    Really? Well let me see that forum.

    Well Shadow, I think that forum is for Microsoft Technology, right?

    Well I'm not looking for that, I meant the new forums in this MSDN forum.
    • Edited by MaxfireXSA Thursday, October 2, 2008 11:29 PM
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 11:24 PM