Need help with activation RRS feed

• Question

• I tried everything.  My trial version expired, and I was unable to buy a subscription while it was expiring.  I purchased the software from Office Max.  I installed it and it still does not permit me to enter the product key during the activation process.  When you click on Activate.....it redirects me to the Get Windows Live page. I checked the language by going to Internet Explorer then Tools and it shows English (en-US).  Tell me what else to do so I could activate the program.  Thanks.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Where are you physically located? Are you connected to the Internet in the US? That redirect should happen if you are not located in a country where OneCare is sold or, as you noted, the language does not match your physical location.

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 12:33 AM
  • I am presently located in the United States Virgin Islands.  I am connected to the Internet in the US.  I dowloaded the trial version in the United States Virgin Islands, and I purchased the software at Office Max last week in the United States Virgin Islands.  My language settings are English (United States).  I uninstalled the previous trial version.  I had to use One Care clean up tool to get rid of any One Care that may have still been in the operating system of the computer. So now where do we go from here? I'm trying to download the 2.0 Beta version now, but I want to be able to install my one year subscription.

Monday, January 28, 2008 1:21 AM
  • There is no longer a 2.0 beta version.

Theoretically you should be able to activate OneCare in the US Virgin Islands, but there may be a problem with the Billing system. Please contact support (via email as a trial user).

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 1:40 AM