Create a Case from an email to the forward mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

If I explain what I'm trying to do and where I've got to, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. We have an email address set up and any emails that get sent to that address are to automatically create a Case in CRM.

I've been told by my client to use the forward mailbox for this. So, I've set up the forward mailbox which is where emails are forwarded to (as attachments). These are arriving in CRM and I can see them in an Advanced Find on Email Messages and I can also see the original email as an attachment in this email. They also appear in the appropriate queue. I know that I've got to create a workflow that will create a Case record but I'm a bit stuck as to how I go about this.

Can anyone give me some pointers please?

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Jon_Evans,

Here is a sample of a Workflow that you can try, its configured to triggered when a Queue Item is created, the first step tests if the Queue Item is in a certain Queue and the Queue Item is of type incoming Email (you can add/remove conditions to meet your business requirements). If the conditions are meet, a CASE is created.

Hope this helps.

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:26 AM