Back ups failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi just installed newest server, and my backups are failing.  One machine is my main with 3 partitions, the third partition fails and no reason given. The othere is my music server running xp, says it cannot make an image of drive, this happened in the beta also so  I am thinking something wrong with the music one. But  I never had a problem with backing up my main machine with previous WHS,  any ideas? Thx
    Monday, July 9, 2007 3:28 AM

All replies

• You should run TalQ.exe on the server and each failing client and post the CAB numbers at the end, here for the devs to look into.

Monday, July 9, 2007 3:37 AM
    • Are these your first backups of your computers that are failing backup?
    • Are you wired or wireless?
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:09 PM
  • Yes this is a wired computer.  Update the hard drive with the 3 partitions backed up this morning, the 200 gb drive with some video on it is on hour # 11 and at 97%.  I have no idea what talq is.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 3:21 AM
  • me is just copying from another topic
    so

Chuck.

To create and submit the TALQ logs, please follow the following steps on both the server and your client machines:

1. Click on Start
    2. Click on Run
    3. Type "C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\TALQ.exe"
    4. Press Enter
    5. Enter your Connect handle (Same as your forums username, Chuck Rasmus
      ][) when prompted
    6. If a Windows Error Reporting message appears, click submit to Microsoft
    7. Record CAB Number
    8. Post in forum with description of problem, setup, and cab number

Also, just send an email to the address given, probably headed 'WHS Connector Issues' and they will get back to you.

Colin

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:49 AM
  • I had this issue with my wife's pc though it was 2 physical drives.  The 2nd drive failed every time.  I ran an error check (scandisk) from the tools tab of the drive properties and told it to repair errors.  After that completed the backups have work perfectly ever since.

Good luck.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:23 PM
  • Just tried that too and it worked!  Thanks.

TMG01

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 3:02 PM