simple site, not being indexed or crawled by msn RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi Roger,

I show we have 26 pages indexed. It looks like your site isn't canonicalized, so we probably have duplicate issues. I strongly suggest canonicalizing your site. It will help avoid duplicate content penalties and help increase your page rank. If you do not know how to canonicalize your site, let me know what type of server you are using ( IIS or Apache) and I will give you some code.

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:04 PM
  • Thank you Brett,

My site host said using both type servers are both, but to tell you IIS.

Can you give me the code you spoke of, for site ? It is for www. or not prefixs ?

As I mentioned previously, after last MSNBOT crawl Feb 18, we acqired extensions to our site, which all forward to our site Skyviewstone.com. Okay to have other URL's forwarding to only one main site, or will the seemingly duplicate content from the same main page cause the robot not to crawl us ?

Thankyou,
    Roger of Skyviewstone.com
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:14 AM
  • Hi Roger,

Sorry for the long delay. I was out of the office. I noticed you deleted the above message. Take a look at the information located at: http://seablick.com/blog/44/search-engine-friendly-301-redirects-without-touching-iis.aspx. That should help you if you still need it. If you don't need it, please accept my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 5:00 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:00 PM