none
why not in VISUAL BASIC ??? RRS feed

All replies

• why not in VISUAL BASIC ??? 

and your point is what?
    Saturday, September 15, 2018 5:34 AM
  • why not in VISUAL BASIC ??? 

why not what in Visual Basic? If you are following up on a previous question, please note that the forum does not link them together, so the readers do not know what you are referring to.

In general, just about everything that is reasonable to do in C# can also be done in Visual Basic, but if you need to ask about the specific syntax to achieve a particular goal, the proper place in most cases would be the Visual Basic forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-us/home?forum=vbgeneral

Saturday, September 15, 2018 8:05 PM
  • Hi SantWer,

Based on your description, I am not sure what is the issue, could you please describe it in detailed. it will be beneficial to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 6:25 AM
  • It's all dependent on what your goal is. Generally speaking when writing desktop applications and you are the sole developer there is no reason not to use VB.NET (and if you are talking about VB6 it's very unwise in so many ways). If you are writing for the web then you will more likely than not be using JavaScript and or jQuery, it's much easier to go between the C# and JavaScript. Lastly C# is easier to learn if you are just starting out, there are more resources for C# than VB.NET today. 

I started off with VB.NET, transitioned to C# many years ago and only use VB.NET to reply to forum questions.

In the end it's your choice.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 11:16 AM
  • What do you want in Visual Basic. Let us know your problem clearly so that we can help you in better way to solve your problem.

Regards

Tutlane.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:53 PM