locked
New User Error Cannot Login to Website RRS feed

  • Question

  • We're on CRM 2013 on-premise. We set up a new user however for some reason she cannot login to the CRM website nor using the CRM-Outlook plugin.

    The error that she gets:

    "The system could not log you on. This could be because your user record or the business unit you belong to has been disabled in Microsoft Dynamics CRM"

    The user is indeed enabled and belongs to an active Business Unit.

    I tried re-creating the user in CRM. On her old user Account, I changed her 'username' to an obsolete one and disabled the Account. Re-created a new one with the valid domain username.

    However the user is still having the same issue. I'm trying to trace but the error messages that I got is still the same.

    Any idea is appreciated. Thanks much.

    -tri

    Monday, September 21, 2015 8:20 PM

All replies

  • Hello there,

    The error suggests that the particular organization has been disabled. Are you sure that you are trying the correct url. Have you tried typing full crm url and try whether it works like https://yourorg.crm.com/YourOrgname  rather just typing https://Yourorg.crm.com

    Can you try with a diff BU to check if she can login when associated with a different BU?


    Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:01 AM
  • Please check following few things for this...

    1. does this have any security role assigned? 

    2. have you got any plug in or workflow running under some account which is been disabled now.  

    3. Just go to Event Viewer on CRM app server and check for errors in Application Event Log. It will be easy to understand the exact error you are getting.


    MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi all, sorry for the delay in this issue.

    Turned out the user was already added before using their username@domain.com. We used CRM online at first before moving to on-premise. When on-premise we change all of our usernames to domain\username. All I had to do was change that existing username@domain.com to something else, then the user can successfully login to CRM.

    Hope this helps anybody having the same problem.

    -tri

    Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:19 PM