change default currency CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI,

I have installed CRM 4.0 and give it curreny during installation , but now we need to change this default currency. How can I create it?

Khatia

Friday, January 16, 2009 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Khatia,
    The default currency is a user level setting. You can set this by doing the following.

Click Tools (Menu) -> Click Options -> General Tab -> Select a default currency (Set lookup value).

>>I have installed CRM 4.0 and give it curreny during installation.
    You would have set the base currency at the installation time. Please note the following about the base currency. "During Installation you are prompted to select the ISO currency code that you will use as the base currency for the organization. After Setup is complete, you cannot change the database collation or the base ISO currency code. However, you can change the base currency name and base currency symbol." If you need to change the base currency you will need to re-install. You might have already known this. Thought I'd put it here anyway.

Hassan.

Friday, January 16, 2009 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Khatia,
    The default currency is a user level setting. You can set this by doing the following.

Click Tools (Menu) -> Click Options -> General Tab -> Select a default currency (Set lookup value).

>>I have installed CRM 4.0 and give it curreny during installation.
    You would have set the base currency at the installation time. Please note the following about the base currency. "During Installation you are prompted to select the ISO currency code that you will use as the base currency for the organization. After Setup is complete, you cannot change the database collation or the base ISO currency code. However, you can change the base currency name and base currency symbol." If you need to change the base currency you will need to re-install. You might have already known this. Thought I'd put it here anyway.

Hassan.

Friday, January 16, 2009 12:31 PM
  • Hi

I want to change the currency symbol $ to Rs. please suggest me

Regards

Kadappa

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:25 AM
  • Settings --> bussiness management --> currency --> Add new currency for INR with appropriate exchange rates

Then select

personalize workplace --> Set personal options --> Gendral tab --> select default currency lookup --> Select Indian currency 

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:34 AM
  • function Account_OnLoad()
    {
         setDefaultCurrency();
    }
    function setDefaultCurrency() {
    var lookup = new Array();
    lookup[0] = new Object();
    lookup[0].id = '{0929D216-DDE7-E311-93EF-74D43599CE45}';  // your currency ID
    lookup[0].name = 'Rupee';// Your currency name
    lookup[0].entityType = 'transactioncurrency';
    Xrm.Page.getAttribute('transactioncurrencyid').setValue(lookup);
    }

Thanks,

Sreenath

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:40 AM