off topic - Weird messages and how to stop!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I received the following message from Postmaster but I did not send this person anything - in fact I don't even know who this person is!!! I am receiving about 30 of these every day with different email addresses in it.  Why would this be and how can I stop it! I even deleted my whole address book so as not to send these weird messages to my friends.

Please help!!!

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 01:01:38 -0800
    Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
    Subject: welcome to order,
    Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 10:57:31 +0200

welcome to order,

We got the news that you are looking for
    electronic products, We would like  to take the opportunity to introduce our
    company and products ,hoping that we can serve you in the future.
    As a
    wholesaler &retailer ,we offer the following items: laptops, TVs,
    phones,cameras, GPS, Motorcycles and etc with competitive price and best
    quality.
    Hope we can establish business relationship from now on .here is our

Free upgrade for your Windows Live Messenger! Click here!
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:11 AM

All replies

• Yes it is weird how they all start with ei, but firstly they not my friends - i've never heard of these people and secondly it probably was stupid but i am desperate for an answer.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 10:10 AM
  •  

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

However, a spammer has used your email address in the From address for their ***. Some servers will bounce these back to you out of stupidity.

Delete the messages and ignore them.

They will stop eventually, but may happen again in the future, especially if you post your real email address on the web for all to see as you did here.

-steve

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 2:24 PM
  • Hi, mr expert,

A MS Online Support Assistant at OneCare answered my help call, assigned me an SRX ID and asked for jpeg of problem in question.

I thanked him and promised to get back shortly.

This reply went thru OK
    the to: format was:
    xxx
    @mssupport.microsoft.com

Then for the next 11 times over 24 hour period, my attempts to reach him with that same to: format were all bounced back as Delivery Status Notification (Failure) by postmaster@wicresoft.com with  .txt & .mht attachments

Is there anything unusual in these details, why is MS using someone else to intercede?

Many thanks for your help

richonceb4

Monday, March 23, 2009 3:19 AM
  • Without knowing the specific failure reason, I can't tell you why it failed.
    Support is handled by a vendor under contract to Microsoft.
    If you are unable to reach the tech via email, open a new support case and refer to the existing one to proceed with getting help.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 23, 2009 12:53 PM
  • Steve,

Thanks you very much.  I'll do that and see what happens
    Monday, March 23, 2009 1:31 PM