workflows after copy DB to other server RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    i installed CRM 4 on a new server and copy datasets from the former DB(i wanted to run the CRM from new server)
    the problem is that for one of the organizations the workflows(system tasks) stoped , when i open the the wokflow process i receive in the "microsoft CRM ERROR report " object reference not set to an instance of an object
    is there anyway to solve this (other than start over all the workflow tasks that run on the former server) 
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 10:52 AM

Answers

• The Update Rollups need to match before you restore the database and import the organization.  I am not sure it will work to appy the Rollups after the restore and import are complete, but you can try it.  if that doesn't work, disable the Org, drop the database, ensure Rollups match, restore the db and import the Org.  Ensure you have success at each step in the process.  Be sure to address all errors or warnings.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Monday, July 27, 2009 1:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by guymalka Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:08 AM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 1:23 PM

All replies

•  A couple of things to consider:

Did you follow the steps required to import the Organization and associate it with the restored database?
    Does the new server have the same Update Rollups as the old server?

Best Regards, Donna
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 1:41 PM
  • yas,i follow the steps to import the organization,but not all the rollups are on the new server - i will check if this solves the problem
    Monday, July 27, 2009 7:47 AM
  • The Update Rollups need to match before you restore the database and import the organization.  I am not sure it will work to appy the Rollups after the restore and import are complete, but you can try it.  if that doesn't work, disable the Org, drop the database, ensure Rollups match, restore the db and import the Org.  Ensure you have success at each step in the process.  Be sure to address all errors or warnings.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Monday, July 27, 2009 1:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by guymalka Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:08 AM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 1:23 PM