November Update RRS feed

• Question

• Having just received the November update for WHS, I restarted the server and followed the instructions for reconfiguring the domain as decribed on WHS Blog.
    However, after entering my email and password to log into windows live, and selecting the  domain  name it returns an error

unknown error 90x80004e26) 80004e26 [image]

I have tried turing off the web connectivity,  restarting the server and run the router setup again.

Now the router is claiming Remote Access is not avaiable to the server, which i can do fine.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:59 PM

Answers

• Is your domain in livenode.com or homeserver.com? Livenode.com is no longer supported, you need to use homeserver.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:32 PM
  • It was mentioned way back after RTM that livenode.com would be going away, and those users who had signed up for livenode.com domain before August 15th (I think thats the date, Joel - please correct me if I am wrong) would automatically get the exact same homeserver.com domain that they had on livenode.com.

Livenode.com no longer exists as it was meant for testing purposes only, and SSL certs can only be issued to homeserver.com addresses.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:45 AM

All replies

• is your domain name shorter or at 3 characters??

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:11 AM
  • I am having the exact same issue, exact same error. I just put on the update, tried to reconfigure and got that error. It will not let me continue. My domain name is well over 3 characters.

All worked fine up to putting on this update. I have a Linksys WRV200 with all thelatest updates.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:40 AM
  • did you first click unconfigure?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:20 AM
  • my domain is over 3 letters - ziggy.livenode.com

and I follow the blog guide to the letter.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:00 AM
  •  Alexander K wrote:

did you first click unconfigure?

Yup, I followed all the instructions at http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/archive/2007/11/26/the-windows-home-server-november-27th-update.aspx Just like the original poster.

I tried all sorts of combinations of manually opening the ports rebooting router and server all to to avail.

Anyone from MS out there reading this??

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 1:36 PM
  • Is your domain in livenode.com or homeserver.com? Livenode.com is no longer supported, you need to use homeserver.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:32 PM
  • Yes my domain was origianlly with livenode.com as this was the only domain available when I signed up with the RC1 version.

When was the announcement made that it was being pulled? livenode.com has been working fine until the update.

This is a nice kick in the teeth for all those users that were forced to sign up with livenode.com and have their chosen names already taken on homeserver.com
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:37 PM
  • I had the same problem but everything is ok now. For some reason my IIS had reset back to the default of port 443. My ISP blocks port 443.

In addition, I have 2 red X's
    -verifying your web site is accessible from the internet
    -verifying remote access is accessible from Internet

I believe, it's because my ISP blocks port 80, and 443.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:41 PM
  •  Michael Elizarov - MSFT wrote:

Is your domain in livenode.com or homeserver.com? Livenode.com is no longer supported, you need to use homeserver.com

OMG, this was it. livenode.com is no longer valid. Nice of Microsoft to tell us this!!

Also why can't the update tell you this when you reconfigure? Boy it seems like someone dropped the ball here. Anyway thanks for getting me in the right direction.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:55 PM
  • It was mentioned way back after RTM that livenode.com would be going away, and those users who had signed up for livenode.com domain before August 15th (I think thats the date, Joel - please correct me if I am wrong) would automatically get the exact same homeserver.com domain that they had on livenode.com.

Livenode.com no longer exists as it was meant for testing purposes only, and SSL certs can only be issued to homeserver.com addresses.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:45 AM
  • Had the same problem with livenode.com. I did not think about this one... I was about formatting and reinstalling WHS. I finally read about this thread. Save me a lot of time consuming for absolutely nothing. Always think twice before doing anything...

Thanks a lot!!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:31 AM
  •  Tom Ziegmann wrote:

This is sad, our last remaining priviledge of beta testers is then gone

Erik.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:38 AM
  • After having a few hours to calm down and stop 'hating all this Microsoft' (a bi-monthly feeling), everything works fine with the homeserver.com domain, would have been nice to keep the livenode.com domain but such is life. The 'Unknown Error' should have been a better messege, eg. 'livenode.com is no longer supported'.

Changed the name of my server to match the new domain and WHS remains a very useful tool for today's home media environment.

Thanks everyone for their input.
    Chris
    Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:51 PM
  • Ah that explains why I was having problems with getting it to work with the latest update.

I agree with someone... the error message should have been more clearer.

Ah well, the good thing is - the sub-domain I wanted was not available on livenode, but is available on homeserver so I'm happy anyway. Big Smile

Monday, December 3, 2007 6:22 PM
  • Great, i'm stressing out for no reason.  all fixed now.

Thanks guys.
    Sunday, December 23, 2007 4:33 AM
  • My livenode.com web page is still working for me, so it's still there for some

Sunday, December 23, 2007 6:27 AM