PDF to WORD converter that works RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.  I am desperate now.  I purchased the Nuance PDF Converter a couple of  years back which did a prettygood job but does not integrate with Windows 10 (of course) so I need new software.  I have tried quite a few and none seem to do the job.  I tried PDF Pro 10 Standard (free trial) which did not work and uploaded the Pro vesrsion (free trial) which I thought may be better.  It also did not work so thinking I was doing something wrong so copntacted their Tech Support.  They would not help me because it was a trial version.  Um.. I will buy it if it works..still no help.  All the software gets converted to a [Read only] [Compatability Mode with the 4 direction point arrows as a cursor which I can not do anything with.  I only convert Application Forms as a have a "shakey hand" and can not write legibly.  I may convert 4 documents a year so I dont want to pay a monthly fee.  Would rather buy outright.  I have Office 2016 if anyone has any tips that would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

Darren

• Moved by Just Karl Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:55 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 1:22 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You should ask in the Microsoft Office Word Community Forums.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

For what it's worth, I just right click on a pdf file and choose "open in Word"

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:51 PM
  • Hello,

You should ask in the Microsoft Office Word Community Forums.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

For what it's worth, I just right click on a pdf file and choose "open in Word"

Karl

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:54 PM
  • Ok  sorry and thankyou Karl
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 11:40 PM
  • Will do.  Good advice.  Thank you Dave
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 11:40 PM
  • Hi,

Check if the below sample helps:

How to convert PDF to Word document in C# and VB.NET

Friday, November 25, 2016 9:32 AM
  • Ok  sorry and thankyou Karl

You are welcome.

Glad to help.

Monday, November 28, 2016 5:18 PM
  • Word 2016 can open and convert a PDF

CH

Monday, November 28, 2016 5:49 PM