Managing large numbers of plugins - CRM online, looking for best approach RRS feed

• Question

• I've taken on a project where there is a requirement to deploy 50+ plugins for CRM Online in a dev environment, it's an XRM platform so the plugins are critical. My problem is that deploying 50+ plugins on new instances can take forever, I have timed it and found that it takes about 18 mins average. What I have done is broken the solution down into groups of 10, SolutionA, B, C... The deployment time, while shorter, I am worried that by breaking up the plugins into smaller groups I may have set myself up for failure later. When importing the published solution, in the dev environment, I can individually import them, however when we deploy to a client site - how can I be sure that all 50 of my plugins were deployed to the site?

Any advice on managing large plugins would be great. Thanks. 

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Personally I created a console app to do asynchronous load to import massive solution file.

Alternatively, this tool on codeplex is helpful to monitor the solution import: http://dynamicscrmeasysolutionimporter.codeplex.com/

Regarding breaking up the plugin into smaller groups, AFAIK it would not causing any issue as the solution itself is the metadata container, as long as the underlying customisations solution has been imported properly, the plugin solution(s) should flows accordingly.

Regards,

Andre

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:33 AM