how to run workflow on more than 50 records RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run an on demand workflow on 6000 lead records and I am using Advanced find to select these records, but it only returns 50 records at a time. How can I run that workflow on the 6000 records that fit the search? I am using CRM Online via web, not Outlook.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:36 AM

Answers

• Its not possible to run on-demand workflow for all 6000 leads at one go.

You can modify default view items from 50 to 250 at personal options so that you can run workflow for 250 records eachtime at least.

Instead, make workflow to be triggered for update and write a webservice to update dummy field on these 6000 leads which will eventually trigger workflow for 6000 leads.  

Thanks

Satish , Microsoft CRM Consultant

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:53 AM

All replies

• Its not possible to run on-demand workflow for all 6000 leads at one go.

You can modify default view items from 50 to 250 at personal options so that you can run workflow for 250 records eachtime at least.

Instead, make workflow to be triggered for update and write a webservice to update dummy field on these 6000 leads which will eventually trigger workflow for 6000 leads.  

Thanks

Satish , Microsoft CRM Consultant

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:53 AM
  • Satish, I've looked at Settings -> Administration and can't find where to change from 50 to 250 records for default view.

thanks.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:10 PM
  • First Register at Personal Options. There you can define the total number of records returned by view
    Gruß Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.spaces.live.com
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:14 PM
  • Check the normal UI, toolbar > Tools > Options > Records Per Page (XX)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:27 PM