none
Unhelpful post RRS feed

• Question

• JRV you are not a good moderator. People don't come here with no problems, and you are still misunderstanding the issue, which I myself am also having.

1. Write some text in ISE.
    2. Select some or all of that text.
    3. Press CTRL+X.

Expect:
    Selected text should be copied to clipboard, and removed from the text editor (note the file would not be affected either way unless Save was invoked).

Actual:
    Text is copied to clipboard, but remains visible in the editor (in the same way that a "copy" command would operate).

• Edited by Neil Barnwell Saturday, April 28, 2018 11:37 AM
    • Split by jrv Saturday, April 28, 2018 8:25 PM Not resposive to answered topic
    Saturday, April 28, 2018 11:36 AM

All replies

• JRV you are not a good moderator. People don't come here with no problems, and you are still misunderstanding the issue, which I myself am also having.

1. Write some text in ISE.
    2. Select some or all of that text.
    3. Press CTRL+X.

Expect:
    Selected text should be copied to clipboard, and removed from the text editor (note the file would not be affected either way unless Save was invoked).

Actual:
    Text is copied to clipboard, but remains visible in the editor (in the same way that a "copy" command would operate).

That is not how the ISE editor works for any of us.  If it fails then you have system issues.

I have never seen any ISE version that does what you claim.

The OP that posted this marked it as an answer.  Perhaps you need to do more testing.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, April 28, 2018 8:23 PM