illegal OFFICE RRS feed

• Question

• Some years ago a friend loaned me her disks to install Office so I could use Excel for a project.  (I already had the  xp Prof version but didn't know it was the same thing and couldn't figure out how to use it)  Can I get the Office components off my computer?  I'm not the authorized tech person for this software.  Do I have to reload my old (2002) XP operating system?    If this is the wrong forum, please somebody let me know where I can ask this question.   I've been 3 hours now looking for an answer.  
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 7:34 PM

Answers

• Hello Podunk Carol,

Microsoft Office is a suite of office productivity applications.

You can uninstall some or all of Office by following this clickpath:  Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs, scroll down to Microsoft Office, click once, then click on "Remove" or "Uninstall."

Once uninstallation is complete, you will want to restart the computer.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 4:32 AM
  • Hello Podunk,

Also, in addition to Dan's post, Once uninstalled off one computer, you can reinstall the Office software on any other computer (as long as the software is Genuine and you are the legal owner of it). 

If I understood you correctly the Office you are refering to is some version of Office XP, if so, it is compatable with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (you might be able to install it on older versions of Windows, such as Win 2000, 98, 95, ME, but I am not sure about that).

Hope Dan and I answered your questions,
    Darin MS 
    Monday, August 3, 2009 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hello Podunk Carol,

Microsoft Office is a suite of office productivity applications.

You can uninstall some or all of Office by following this clickpath:  Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs, scroll down to Microsoft Office, click once, then click on "Remove" or "Uninstall."

Once uninstallation is complete, you will want to restart the computer.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 4:32 AM
  • Hello Podunk,

Also, in addition to Dan's post, Once uninstalled off one computer, you can reinstall the Office software on any other computer (as long as the software is Genuine and you are the legal owner of it). 

If I understood you correctly the Office you are refering to is some version of Office XP, if so, it is compatable with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (you might be able to install it on older versions of Windows, such as Win 2000, 98, 95, ME, but I am not sure about that).

Hope Dan and I answered your questions,
    Darin MS 
    Monday, August 3, 2009 5:24 PM