How to Uninstall Windows VISTA? RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed windows VISTA RC1 on the other partition of my hard drive.. I dont know how to uninstall it keeping other data on that drive intact and also the option of selecting the OS during startup should not be shown?
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 2:41 AM

Answers

• i didn't get wat u meant by '+'.... plz make it clear...
    Monday, March 5, 2007 5:04 AM
  • can u suggest a 3rd party software....
    Monday, March 5, 2007 2:31 PM
  • in my last post, + means and.

no 3rd party software is recommended to uninstall vista. the best way is to format the partition.

Monday, March 5, 2007 4:54 PM
  • thank's buddy... i got ya.....keep posting in my threads.. will surely mark you....
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 1:44 PM
  • yea.... will try that....
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 11:11 AM
  • yea thanks guys... it is fine now......
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:27 PM
  • U may try this!!

Dual-booting with vista can be a little tricky to remove because of the new bootloader.
    I would suggest massive back-ups before you try to remove part of a dual-boot system. If you mess up, you might be unable to boot to any of your partitions. You do this at your own risk.

Here's the basic steps you need to do:

1. Backup, backup, backup
      2. Reboot and Boot to your XP CD-ROM
      3. Start the Recovery Console
      4. Run Fixboot
      5. Run fixmbr to reset the master boot record
      6. Exit the Recovery Console
      7. Reboot
      8. To remove the extra entry, edit the boot.ini file to remove the "Microsoft Windows Longhorn" entry.
      9. Format Your Vista Partition
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 3:14 AM

All replies

• format the partition on which you have installed vista and modify the boot.ini file to remove its entry. boot.ini is located in C:\ drive and is hidden + read only.
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 4:45 AM
  • i didn't get wat u meant by '+'.... plz make it clear...
    Monday, March 5, 2007 5:04 AM
  • its really hard to uninstall Vista that is installed over XP...though u can use third party softwares for this purpose this is not advisable...better try to re-format ur system...
    Monday, March 5, 2007 2:13 PM
  • can u suggest a 3rd party software....
    Monday, March 5, 2007 2:31 PM
  • in my last post, + means and.

no 3rd party software is recommended to uninstall vista. the best way is to format the partition.

Monday, March 5, 2007 4:54 PM
  • thank's buddy... i got ya.....keep posting in my threads.. will surely mark you....
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 1:44 PM
  • well friend vista is not a software to uninstall... its an os.. u have to format the drive in which the os files have been installed
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 2:35 PM
  • yea.... will try that....
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 11:11 AM
  • yea thanks guys... it is fine now......
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:27 PM
  • U may try this!!

Dual-booting with vista can be a little tricky to remove because of the new bootloader.
    I would suggest massive back-ups before you try to remove part of a dual-boot system. If you mess up, you might be unable to boot to any of your partitions. You do this at your own risk.

Here's the basic steps you need to do:

1. Backup, backup, backup
      2. Reboot and Boot to your XP CD-ROM
      3. Start the Recovery Console
      4. Run Fixboot
      5. Run fixmbr to reset the master boot record
      6. Exit the Recovery Console
      7. Reboot
      8. To remove the extra entry, edit the boot.ini file to remove the "Microsoft Windows Longhorn" entry.
      9. Format Your Vista Partition
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 3:14 AM