I need HELP solving the following error when I try to start a backup to my Home Server. RRS feed

• Question

• HERE IS THE ERROR THAT I AM GETTING:

The backup failed because of a problem with your Windows Home Server Connection Software. The System Event log contains more details.

COMException

Incorrect Function. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070001) at System.Runtime.Run.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionforHRInternal(Int32errorCode,IntPtr errorInfo) at Microsoft HomeServer Common Client Win32 ThrowLastError()

I have downloaded the Client Software from my server and reinstalled it.  Got the same error.

HERE IS THE INFORMATION ON MY HOME SERVER SOFTWARE:

Windows Home Server with Power Pack 2

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2030.0

I am running Vista Home Premium on my cliennt that shows to be up to date when I run Microsoft Update.

Monday, March 30, 2009 8:07 PM

All replies

• HERE IS THE ERROR THAT I AM GETTING:

The backup failed because of a problem with your Windows Home Server Connection Software. The System Event log contains more details.

COMException

Incorrect Function. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070001) at System.Runtime.Run.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionforHRInternal(Int32errorCode,IntPtr errorInfo) at Microsoft HomeServer Common Client Win32 ThrowLastError()

I have downloaded the Client Software from my server and reinstalled it.  Got the same error.

HERE IS THE INFORMATION ON MY HOME SERVER SOFTWARE:

Windows Home Server with Power Pack 2

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2030.0

I am running Vista Home Premium on my cliennt that shows to be up to date when I run Microsoft Update.

Hi,

Please file a bug on Connect and include client and server CABs. Once we have the CABs, we will follow up with you via Connect.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Monday, March 30, 2009 8:25 PM
  • Please try to run chkdsk /f /r on the system drive of your client (open a command prompt as Administrator for that).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:00 PM